We Invite You to Join Suicide Awareness Blog Day!
September is Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month, and we hope that you will join us in raising awareness. On September 10, 2013, the World Health Organization and the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) will co-sponsor World Suicide Prevention Day. To commemorate this day, the MSW@USC invites you to participate in the Suicide Awareness Blog Day.
If you are a blogger who has a personal story or if you are someone advocating for suicide prevention or mental illness in your work, consider sharing it to let others know they are not alone.
- Are you or a family member or friend a survivor of suicide?
- Do you work for an organization that supports the prevention of suicide?
- Have you personally participated in a walk or awareness campaign to prevent suicide?
- Do you have an inspirational story to share around this issue?
Starting September 10, share a link to your blog in our comment section or our Facebook page, and we may feature you in a roundup at the end of the month. Suicide impacts entire communities — no matter who you are or what you normally blog about, we want to hear your story, so we can highlight the importance of raising awareness around suicide prevention.
Everyone is welcome to participate! Here’s how:
- Publish a blog post that incorporates a suicide prevention theme. Mention why raising awareness about this issue matters.
- Include a link back to our blog campaign description so that your readers can learn how they can raise awareness, too.
- Place the “Blogging for Suicide Prevention” badge on your post or site using the html code provided below.
- Share your blog post for suicide prevention on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #suicideprevention.
- Check out our Suicide Awareness Roundup to read, engage and follow bloggers participating in the campaign.
- Important Note: Please provide a trigger warning if you include any traumatic experiences or images in your blog post.
Remember to grab a Blogging for Suicide Prevention badge!:
…or a World Suicide Awareness Day badge!