Summer Camp for Kids in Foster Care: A Place for Building Meaningful Connection
Encouraging Youth to Attend Summer Camp
Summer Camps for Kids in Foster Care
- The Bridge Camp: Sponsored by Least of These Carolinas nonprofit for children, this camp serves youth in foster care all over the Carolinas.
- Camp David of the Ozarks Foster Kids Camp: Based in Rolla, Missouri, this camp was initially created for children with parents who are incarcerated.
- Camp to Belong: This international nonprofit dedicated to reuniting brothers and sisters separated in foster care offers multiple camp locations across the United States.
- The Felix Organization: This nonprofit for children in foster care created Camp Felix in Putnam Valley, New York, and Camp Felix West in Los Angeles.
- Happy Trails for Kids: This program focuses on serving children in the foster care system in the Southern California region.
- Journey Camp: Two programs, Under One Sky Journey and Junior Journey Camp, are designed specifically for children who are or have been in foster care in North Carolina.
- Royal Family Kids: This organization provides camps and mentoring programs all across the country.
- Teen Reach Adventure Camps: This nationwide program focuses on teenagers in the foster care system.
- YMCA: The YMCA holds camps that welcome children in foster care. Resident and overnight YMCA camps are nationwide.
- Youth Haven: Five-day camps in the summer are offered through this organization with campuses in Michigan and Arizona.