Your Daily Reminder: 30 Quotes That Promote Self-Care
Last month we shared “31 Inspirational Quotes For When The Going Gets Tough,” and the response from all of you on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest could not have been more positive. Many of you asked for more quotes, so here they are!
As caring professionals, social workers may instinctively take time to help others before they help themselves. Consider this your daily reminder: don’t forget about you. During the month of April, we will be sharing one quote every day via our social channels that reminds you to promote #selfcare. Share this post with anyone you think might need a friendly reminder to take a moment and just breathe.
1. “No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
2. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
3.”Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S. Burroughs
4.”If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?” – Confucius
5.“Nothing external to you has any power over you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” – Jill Bolte Taylor
7. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” – Deborah Day
8. “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” – Christopher Germer
9. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
10. “Give your stress wings, and let it fly away.” – Terri Guillemets
11. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
12.”Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.” – Ray Bradbury
13. “It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there’s nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized.” – Wayne Dyer
14. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
15. “You are beautiful. Know this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply lying. You are beautiful.” – Steve Maraboli
16.”The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
17. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
18. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
21. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” – Unknown
22. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
23. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
24. “Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.” – Nathaniel Branden
25. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
26. “There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you.” – Steve Maraboli
27. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
28. “Stop focusing on how stressed you are, and remember how blessed you are.” –Unknown
29. “Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you.” – Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy (Sark)
30. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
Do you have a favorite quote that helps you remember to promote self-care? Tell us in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
For Shawn Cervantes, going back to school began as a personal desire to help her family, but it has since grown into a drive to change her community. An Army wife for 25 years, Cervantes’ main role was caring for her three children during her husband’s multiple deployments...
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
USC faculty are constantly in the forefront in the wake of everyday tragedies, supporting communities in crisis and lending expert opinions. As this story continues to unfold, please take a moment to read a reflection on the signs that were missed from Ron Avi Astor...
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Jackson Smith assists University of Southern California MSW students in meeting their degree requirements. But he is neither a professor nor a professional in the field. Jackson Smith is the name of the character played by an actual actor who becomes a patient in a Virtual Field Practicum (VFP)...