- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Potential for innovation and creativity
- Describe your professional goals, and explain how having a DSW from USC will help you achieve them. As part of this statement, we ask that you demonstrate:
- Your understanding of the program focus and curriculum
- The alignment of your career goals with curriculum of the DSW program
- Remember to demonstrate a high level of academic writing that aligns with what you would expect to see in an elite doctoral program.
- Submit both in a single, six-page document — clearly label the sections with a page break between your two responses.
- A title page is not required, but please include citations in APA formatting. A works cited page is not included in your six-page limit.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font and one-inch margins.
- Our faculty will use this to evaluate your professional writing skills, so we recommend having a peer or supervisor review it before submitting.