School and Educational Settings
- Meet with students individually to discuss problems at home that are affecting their grades.
- Assess students with mental health concerns, and direct them toward helpful services.
- Report cases of neglect or child abuse to the appropriate authorities.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention services to students’ families.
- Contribute to the social, emotional, and academic success of a pupil.
- Advocate for resources that will help promote student success and well-being.
- Help school staff identify the cultural and socioeconomic factors affecting students’ decisions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local social work agencies that help you support students.