The Online Doctorate of Social Work at USCThe Online Doctorate of Social Work at USCThe Online Doctorate of Social Work at USC
Career OpportunitiesCareer OpportunitiesCareer Opportunities
Social workers play a valuable role supporting families and communities facing challenges like homelessness, grief and mental illness.
Graduates of USC’s online Doctorate of Social Work program are prepared to address these challenges by seeking management or executive leadership positions in social work and related human service fields.
Example Macro-Level Social Work Careers
Macro social workers address problems on a broader scale to create a more just world for marginalized and underrepresented communities. As an advocate for whole communities, regions and states, you would work to shape laws and policy in positions including:
- Community outreach specialist
- Corporate social responsibility specialist
- Human services specialist
- Policy advocate and analyst
- Research analyst
Advance Your Career With USC’s Online DSW Program
No matter what shape your social work career takes, the DSW@USC will equip you with the knowledge, experience and network to excel in fields ranging from senior executive management to social entrepreneurship and more.
- Take classes that focus on executive leadership in human service organizations and community contexts.
- Develop an actionable plan for social change as a capstone project, and present it to USC faculty and stakeholders with experience in social innovation and leadership.
- Join the renowned Trojan network — more than 300,000 USC alumni strong — and access the resources you need to establish a legacy of social impact
“I chose to earn my DSW at USC because I wanted to be part of an aggressive and focused attempt to solve some of our most difficult social challenges through science, leadership and innovation. I want to establish sustainable funding for the Center for Post Traumatic Growth and DJD Art Foundation to provide an interdisciplinary, interfaith collaborative to heal and mitigate social isolation and its effects among youth, veterans and the elderly.”
Noel Lipana, Board Member, DJD Art Foundation
Request Information or Apply Now
Request information about the DSW@USC today and an admissions counselor will contact you with more information about the program. Or, you can start your application.