Change Lives With an Online MSW ProgramChange Lives With an Online MSW ProgramChange Lives With an Online MSW Program
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work offers an online Master of Social Work (MSW) focused on training aspiring practitioners to offer holistic solutions to diverse communities of clients.
The online MSW curriculum — which is identical to its on-campus program — is designed to give you a foundation in various integrative methods, including early intervention, prevention and wellness, leadership and effective collaboration, and evidence-based practice.
The MSW@USC At-a-Glance
With part-time and full-time options, the CSWE-accredited MSW@USC is a flexible program that prepares students to become licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs).
- Online MSW Program: Complete 42 credits in as few as 16 months
- Concentrate your studies in one of 5 optional program tracks:
- Adult Mental Health and Wellness
- Children, Youth and Families
- Social Change and Innovation
- Military Populations and Settings
- School and Educational Settings*
- *Students interested in the School and Educational Settings track may require a modified schedule to ensure a positive field placement experience. For additional information about field placement requirements, reach out to an admissions counselor at 877-700-4679 or email@example.com. California students who are interested in pursuing the Pupil Personnel Services Credential will be required to complete 45 units and other requirements after completion of the program. If you have questions or concerns about the program, please contact your academic advisor.
- The School and Educational Settings track allows students who wish to practice in California the opportunity to pursue the Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC). This allows them to work as a social worker in school settings. Students who reside or intend to practice in a state outside of California may complete this track, but are not guaranteed licensure as a school social worker. Requirements may vary from state to state. Therefore, a student enrolling in this program and selecting the School and Educational Settings track should research the requirements in the state in which they reside or intend to practice.
- A minimum of 1,100 field-training hours*
*Students are required to complete a minimum of 100 field hours through attendance and participation with their field class, and orientation and evidence-based intervention training (if applicable).
Fill out this brief form to receive more information about the MSW@USC program from our admissions team.