Same MSW Curriculum — Delivered OnlineSame MSW Curriculum — Delivered OnlineSame MSW Curriculum — Delivered Online
Earn Your MSW From USCEarn Your MSW From USCEarn Your MSW From USC
USC’s Master of Social Work curriculum is designed to provide an integrative framework relevant to today’s greatest social challenges. Focused on methods of intervention, the program emphasizes strategies such as prevention and wellness, leadership and effective collaboration, and evidence-based practices.
- Online MSW Program: You can complete the 42-credit curriculum in as few as 16 months full time or 24 months part time.
5 Optional Program Tracks
After building a foundation in graduate-level social work principles, you can concentrate your studies and complete track-specific requirements and electives:
- Adult Mental Health and Wellness: Focus on mental and physical well-being of adults, ranging in age from young adults to seniors.
- Children, Youth and Families: Address the needs of vulnerable children, youth and families while building supportive social environments.
- Social Change and Innovation: Lead and drive positive change in communities, organizations, businesses and governments.
- *Students interested in the School and Educational Settings track may require a modified schedule to ensure a positive field placement experience. For additional information about field placement requirements, reach out to an admissions counselor at 877-700-4679 or firstname.lastname@example.org. California students who are interested in pursuing the Pupil Personnel Services Credential will be required to complete 45 units and other requirements after completion of the program. If you have questions or concerns about the program, please contact your academic advisor.
- The School and Educational Settings track allows students who wish to practice in California the opportunity to pursue the Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC). This allows them to work as a social worker in school settings. Students who reside or intend to practice in a state outside of California may complete this track, but are not guaranteed licensure as a school social worker. Requirements may vary from state to state. Therefore, a student enrolling in this program and selecting the School and Educational Settings track should research the requirements in the state in which they reside or intend to practice.
As an online MSW student, you will spend a large portion of your time in the program completing field education, virtually and in person.
Part 1: Complete the Virtual Field Practicum (VFP), where you will gain evidence-based training and build confidence with skills like client risk assessment, interventions, CBT and more. Students will be required to complete 210 VFP hours.
Part 2: In-class learning and clinical skills come together during community-based field placement, where you work directly with clients in a supervised environment. Students will be required to complete a minimum of 890 field placement hours.
These components prepare a new kind of social worker who can meet the demands of 21st-century society.
To learn more about the MSW@USC, fill out the brief form above and an admissions counselor will contact you.